Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What DAD is thankful for...

Something about this time of year that has me thinking (tis the season right) about what I'm truly thankful for. Quite simply I'm most thankful for my family and here is why.

First here are the things I love that we do as a family:
  1. Sunday brunches
  2. Movie nights
  3. Chasing around the house
  4. I like how loud and fun we all are
  5. Jazz / RSL games
  6. Dinner as a family at the table
  7. Everyone helps everyone
  8. Going to Mogmas and Pacas houses
  9. Grocery shopping
  10. Monday night football
  11. Watching "Beast" over and over

Now each member is unique but I couldn't love anyone more then these guys...

Jaxon
  1. He loves his sisters, nothing is more enjoyable to watch Gracie and Jaxon run around the house chasing each other. To see him go googoo over Reese melts ones heart.
  2. He's aware how much his Gracie looks up to him. If Bubba's shirt is off, her's is too. If he's playing xbox, a controller is in her hand also. If he's doing homework, Gracie has crayon's in hand. He has more then stepped up as the role of "big brother" and I admire that
  3. He is completely unselfish. Never once will you see him complain about sharing anything. Quick story... He had a plan to save money from chores for walkie talkies we found the model he liked and he had enough for a two pack but waited and saved for the four pack so he could have enough for him and his cousins. Never wants something for him, it's always for him and someone else.
  4. Will never tell you no, no matter the task.
  5. Finds joy in the simple things. "Jaxon what do you want for xmas?... A few pieces of sugar cain. Really? Yep"
  6. Loves and respects his mother!
  7. He's always happy
  8. WWF Wrestling matches we have weekly
  9. He does exceptionally well in school
  10. xbox night - will never get old
  11. Does what he's told (more then your average 10 year old boy does)
Gracie
  1. She is on 100% of the time. She is the fuel in our family fire. Some may say this is a bad thing but it keeps us on our toes and quite honestly thats a wonderful thing.
  2. She is obsessed with Reese. First thing when she wakes up or comes home she wants to know where Reese is. When she finds Reese she mobs her. (no really she literally lays or sits directly on top of her)
  3. She is amazed at Bubba (see above)
  4. She is a sponge. (see above again) You show her how something works and within a few minutes she has it in her hands and doing exactly what it is you showed her.
  5. Full of life. It never fails, the moment she see's her family members she yells their name and runs towards them. Gracie isn't always with us physically but her presence is felt 100% of the time
  6. Smiles and laughs EVERY TIME she see's me
  7. Our Snuggles (sometimes) while watching movies
  8. I love her little raspy voice
  9. Her curly hair that is finally growing
  10. "Binky... Binky... Binky..." You always know what she needs for ni-night
  11. I love it at dinner time how she goes around the table saying everyone's name
  12. Her laugh - It's different, unique and so damn cute
Reese
  1. No matter what, you always look up and she smiles
  2. She sleep through the night (petty I know but thank you)
  3. I love her baby talk - I'll be in another room and hear her and that makes me smile
  4. She is a constant reminder to smile (see item 1)
  5. She should be more fussy but your NOT - thanks
  6. She puts up with .... actually she LOVES it when Gracie lays/sits on her
  7. She lets me mug her face because that's what this dad does
  8. Her actual fussy time is justified with any age group ( when she's tired or hungry)
  9. Her chunky cheeks
  10. Our snuggle time, always content to just sit in my lap or on my chest

Karli
This one isn't fair because I could go on for hours about Karli and yes I know how spoiled and lucky I am so here we go.
  1. 100% dedicated to being a wife, mother and friend
  2. I've honestly never ever touched our washing machine and have never had to ask where my favorite shirt is because its always clean and hung in the closet.
  3. I can count on one finger how many times I've gotten up with the kids at night. This is her favorite time to be the one to "come to our children's rescue" even if its as simple as finding a mis-placed binky.
  4. Before the kids wake up she is/does/has... Showered, Dressed, Make-up applied, Lunch Made, Cloths set out, Bed made, Breakfast ready, (The kids and I) Smile on her face (after coffee) and ready for anything that comes her way. This is just how she rolls.
  5. Is a clean freak!
  6. Grocery shops. Sometimes we do this as a family but only because it's kinda fun!
  7. "Me: What do you want to watch? Anything you want to watch love!"
  8. "Kar'ie did you pack... Yes I already did"
  9. She has the most contagious smile you'll ever meet (Reese, Jax a G are a close 2nd)
  10. Life of any party. This is usually my role, but Karli always seems to win the hearts and minds of my friends. I'm glad to step down every once in a while!
  11. She 100% runs the house and with a loving heart and strict schedule!
  12. She doesn't let me get away with anything! Lets be honest I need this!
  13. Her jokes... "A man walks into a bar... Ouch" Thats rich!
  14. You can set a watch by her schedule.
  15. When it comes to dancing, she's up there with old Puala
  16. Dishes don't automatically clean themselves. Karli does them!
  17. We can argue or have a few tiffs but we always come out from them happier, better and more loving
  18. Loves me unconditionally and completely!!!
In closing about Karli... Often I get a Thanks and a Smile from Karli. I'll ask for what? Her reply will never get old... "Thanks for my kids and providing for our family so I can stay home and be a mom!" This always stops me dead in my tracks because I think of all that she does and how thankful I am for her and how she makes me want to be a better person!

As you can see I'm so very lucky and have a lot to be thankful for. I have the most wonderful family, Our kids are so sweet and loving and my wife is #1.

3 comments:

  1. Sweets.. my appreciation can best be expressed by the lyrics of the Great Salt n' Peppa.. (he he)
    I wanna take a minute or two, and give much respect due
    To the man that's made a difference in my world
    I don't sweat it because it's just pathetic
    To let it get me involved in that he said/ she said crap
    I know that ain't nobody perfect
    I give props to those who deserve it
    And believe me y'all, he's worth it
    So here's to the future cuz we got through the past
    I finally found someone that can make me laugh
    You so crazy
    Thanks for giving me my babies
    Hahaha ~ I'm totally serious though... I love you babe!! Thanks for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously got a tear in my eye! You guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome Chris! I'm so glad you came into all our lives & bringing Gracie & Reese with you. I'm thankful to you for making my sister one of the luckiest girls in the world.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete