Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Friday, November 19, 2010

Like sands through the hour glass ~ these are the days of our lives...

I'm a full time momma... It's my calling in life. Don't get me wrong.. I killed it as a sales rep in my working days and I loved it.. I loved selling to my customers, shmoosing them with dinners, gifts, complimentary laughs - BUT it does not compare to the rewards and feeling of being a mom. I use to wonder what stay at home moms do.. Do they sleep in? When do they shower with babies awake? How do they fill the day with activities that keep the babies happy? Their houses have got to be spotless clean.. I've learned that there are different kinds of stay at home momma's... I'm the kind that likes to be showered and dressed before our babies wake up, making sure the house is ready for our "Search and Destroy" mission that we are willing to accept for that day.. But then after that I sip my cup of joe and wait for their little voices or J to stumble in for cuddles.. It's on like donkey kong for the rest of the day ~

I pack J's lunch and put it in his back pack and send him off to school.. He misses out on the sock-hops that go down through out the day...but I don't think he would really join in..then again lately he is a dancing machine.. Either way Bubba has to leave us, and we try to make do without him.

Gracie is not a fan of food..she will eat anything you give her, but she will eat one rice grain at a time or it's loop by loop with the FruitLoops - so to keep her eating through this snails pace I dance - I turn up the tunes and "drop it like it's hot".. Katy Perry is one of her favs. When she is finished she'll dance with me..(as a back-up dancer of course..I'm a diva like that). However I can't "back it up" anymore cause G-Unit has picked up the move.. And the girl can "drop, lock, and pop it" Diddy style. And I want her sitting AT the table not dancing ON the table.. Feeling me on this one??

Sassy hearts musicals.. Her #1 at this time is Beauty and the Beast - she likes to dance and sing with them. The part where Belle is dancing in the field with her arms out and twirling, seems to be G's favorite. I can't help but see her in the re-make of "The Sound of Music", and Gracie starring as Fräulein Maria.. I hold Reese and all three of us twirl around. This activity is repeated hourly and I hope my girls will never think its lame..I have so many moves to show them still ~

Gracie Girl loves to clean.. she has her own apron, cleaning rag, and the desire to scrub..and I tend to think I gave her this gene..huh? Anyhoo - she waxes off, what I wax on. We are serious about cleaning..and there is no rest for the wicked. When Reese is older, I'm thinking of starting a maid service with dancing and singing involved..(prices will vary). We like to clean to music of course.. I've noticed that Tupac, JayZ, and Snoop D-O-double G get us shakin' and movin'..

Since I got Gracie, she has loved to watch me cook. So I would hold her in one arm and cook with the other, and now, I am a one armed, bad ass chef. She likes to stir everything and to watch things bubble and boil. Its our little thing and I have yet to figure out how I'm going to have Gracie in one arm and Reese in the other.. I have a feeling nothing is going to happen. I don't bake for legal reasons - my family will understand this, so I'm hoping Grandma's or aunts will teach my girls this lesson that all ladies, excluding myself, should know. And when its clean up after meals, I can count on Gracie to be at my side handing me dishes as we empty the dishwasher and of course to help wipe down all cupboards and counter tops, 409 them, and then one final wipe down. And the finale of cleaning those na-stay water spots off my faucets and sinks. Reese is in training.. she takes note from her Bumbo, and waits until her day is here.

Our fillers through out the day, are coloring, books, shape games, puzzles, crafts that we usually just eat before we're done..bouncing balls and chasing each other. Gracie likes to hold her sister and that is our down time. Nap times are boring for me.. I usually eat. I sit and just eat until they wake up and we get to do it all over again.

The evenings at the Larson home are deliriously funny.. its normally Reese and I holding down the couch, recliner or blanket on the floor, while Dad lovingly terrorizes the big kids, and requests that they suffer in silence by chasing them up and down the rooms, throwing all pillows and stuffed animals in their faces as they run by. After bedtime snacks, bath time, lotion rub downs and cuddling until eyes can no longer stay open.. we tuck them into their bed and cribs and close the doors...its mom and dad time and our day will end here.. this is a family blog.

My days are full and never long enough.. I'm pleased as punch to be able to raise my kids, and not have to feel the ache of dropping them off at a day care. I realize that I am lucky and fully understand that it is such a blessing to have this opportunity in my life. My hot husband works very hard to support us and he is awesome at his job. I used to have a hard time at the beginning of our relationship because I was bringing nothing to the table to support our family. Chris very lovingly told me that by me managing our home and raising our children is what allows him to focus fully on his work..I'm totally all "Team Chris" and know the harder I work in our home, the better performance Chris does at his job.. our powers unite and we're a force NOT to be reckoned with.

2 comments:

  1. You are so on top of things, it's inspiring:) I feel like I mostly just SURVIVE!!! Maybe is has something to do with 3 kids under 3 but still maybe I can be as good as you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a GREAT mom! And for me.. being a stay at home mom was such a HUGE adjustment but then again I don't regret it EVER! This is where I need to be and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete