Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Madi


This is Madeline Jane.. she is gorgeous. And not just on the outside appearance.. she is gorgeous on the inside as well. I have never met anyone that takes the whole situation in, thinks about it in microscopic detail, decides what she thinks, not what the "world" thinks, but what she thinks and feels, and makes her own thoughts, decisions and judgements. She is the most honest, loving, caring, sincere lady I have ever met... and I love that she loves me.

Madi is Chris' little sister, the oldest of the twins. Besides Grandpa Chris, Madi was the first person in the family that really knew me. We would have some deep, sincere conversations. And they always were honest. Madi always says what she thinks, but it is never rude or degrading. I always love our conversations and time together. She makes me feel so comfortable, and when she leaves, I always feel uplifted and enlightened.

Madi is very religious. However she does not say what she doesn't know, and she does not preach what she does know. She is very sincere with her beliefs and loves to share them.. and I love to listen to them. Her countenance attracts so much attention.. She knows I am not religious, but she also knows that I enjoy talking about it, and learning what she says.

I love that Madi loves my babies.. she is excited to see them.. and she is one of the very few people that I trust with them. She is the one that watches our kids, while Chris and I steal a few hours of "us time". We never have to worry if everything is okay, because she wouldn't ever let us down.. and she would be devastated if one of the kids didn't adore her.. She was a huge part of Gracie's first months, and you can tell that Gracie knows and remembers that. Watching Madi with my babies, makes me oh so excited to see her with her own babies someday. And I can't wait to spoil hers like she spoils mine.

Madi is almost half way done with Dental Hygienist schooling..she worked really hard to get accepted and has done so well with her classes. She moved out on her own and is just thriving. We are all so proud of her and excited to see where her schooling takes her.

Madi.. I just want you to know that I really love you and I appreciate what you do for myself and for my family. You are a good person and I'm very grateful that I have you as family. I hope my girls will look to your example of living and loving. You have a lot of fans, my sweets, but I hope you know that I'm one of the biggest!


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post, it makes me want to get to know Madi better. I have only met her a few times and she does have that glowing quality that is so rare these days:)

    ReplyDelete