Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Her memory will remain ~

R.I.P
5/31/2010 - 12/29/2010

Let me sus'plain..

When I had Reesey Piecey, that same awesome day, I also received this mug.. a beauty in itself. We brought it home and I devoured the water that would fill it, 10 maybe 12 times a day. Jax and Christo who so lovingly took care of me while the re-coop of having Reese was underway, would fill it with ice and water and bring it to wherever I was .. such a sweet gesture of love and an instant refreshing treat for me.

The healing from Reese was super quick cause I had so much help .. so in no time I was up and at 'em - and so was this mug!! She came with me outside to pull weeds and water the flower pots.. she stayed by my side in the kitchen when I was cookin' and scrubbin' as well in the bathroom while I bang'd my hair and put on some rouge. She was still there when I went out for errands and if I was just simply rockin' away in the recliner she was on the floor next to me just in case I needed to quench my thirst.

My 2 oldest little kittens caught on to the happiness the mug brought me.. soon it was the mug that Bubba would guzzle out of after a skate boarding session. It was the mug that was much more fun than Gracie Girls Spongebob sippy.. and of course Dad needed a quick swig after mowing the lawn or to down some Ibu after a killer bike ride. In fact Grandma Terri was spotted wetting her whistle from the cherished mug while skiing the Beav on Christmas Eve.. ya, the mug has been around.

My mug, our mug has done its work.. its been through the dishwasher, where Cascade and Jetdry have tried to keep up her appearance, and I personally have scrubbed her to make sure the sharing germs were dead where they stood.. but we had to put her down last week.. I just didn't feel like I could clean her good enough anymore.

The community mug is gone..but the memories will remain.

2 comments:

  1. I've gotta say that I too have fallen deeply and madly in love with those hospital mugs and have since moved a couple of mine from north to south to north again because I cannot cope with losing them. The water just tastes better from them. It's a mystery. My sympathies on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it means that much to you, I'll just have another baby and snag you one. It's no biggie.

    ReplyDelete