Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

My "sweet-please" ~

Oh Gracie..

Let me tell you about this funny story that you, so sweetly, would not surrender - When you were even "yiddler" than you are now, you would say please so easily. In fact you would say please just to say it..but for some crazy reason you have stopped. I have a few ideas, but I'm not an expert so I can't be FUR SHORE why saying please has come to an abrupt, no non-sense halt.

The other day you wanted a kiss.. a Hershey's chocolate kiss..not your kisses because those are really licks, which I love..anyway you went to the pantry and said, "some.. I want some".. I normally would have just let you have one with no please required, but that night was the night it would all begin to change.

You and I stood at that pantry with the door closed for 10 minutes...you repeatedly saying, "some..I want some" and I in return saying, "say please..Gracie say please?". You never once yelled at me or hit me.. you just kept those eyebrows as close together with all the determination you could muster. YOU were NOT going to say please. You'd rather give up your binky, than say please.

I began to worry that this was going on a little long and I didn't want to stress you, so I scooped you up in my momma arms and whispered, "Sassy say please?" and you whispered back, "some.. I want some." So, we together, walked away from the pantry door, with no Hershey kisses melting in your mouth and began to play puzzles on the floor with Reesey.

I could tell that your mind was still at that pantry door with the Hershey kisses waiting behind it for you.. You stood up and came and sat in my lap. You turned your sweet face up to me with eyebrows almost touching and whispered, "please" in a voice I will never, ever forget. Again I scooped you up in my momma arms.. I began to sing and dance with praises unto you, my little firecracker, cause you did it! You said please and I knew it was so hard for you, but you did it and you not only got ONE Hershey kiss, you got THREE!!

You giggled as you ate them and between Bubba and I picking you up and twirling you around while singing, "Sassy said please, oh Sassy said, please!" You would say, "please!".

Gracie Girl, I love your determination. I know that it will get you so far and have you so successful in your life. But please, Sass, for the love of all that's pure and holy, cut momma some slack, eh?

I love you ~
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment