Larson Lately

Our Stories...

Friday, July 9, 2010

MY Boy ...

Jax and I had a date with a bald Russian and his evil rival. We made the 1:10 matinee for Despicable Me. We got a large popcorn WITH butter, a large ICEE for him a cold diet Coke for me...and we happily decided on Junior Mints to share. We loved the show. But what I loved more, was laughing at the funny parts and looking over and seeing Jaxon already looking at me laughing. That smile of his will cover his whole face, it's a beautiful sight.

After the movie was over, we got up to leave and he reached for my hand and HE steered ME through the crowd of parents and kids...like I might get lost if he doesn't hang on to me.

I just tucked him into bed... I pulled the covers to his chin and he always puts his old stuffed dog Sully by his side... we said "nuh night" and our I love you's. When I was walking out the door, he asked me if I wanted to know what his favorite part of the day was, of course I did. And that little boy said "being at the movie with you and you laughing at the same things I was laughing at." With teared up eyes I said, "that's funny, because that was my favorite part of the day too!" And with that he smiled and closed his eyes to sleep.

Jax and I have been together for just a smitch over 10 years now...he's my best friend and I love hearing him remind me of that. Together, we've been happy, sad, confused and back to happy...not just happy but overly ecstatic with where are life together has landed us- right smack in what seems like a dream... with gumdrops and lollipops to boot.

Today was a day I won't forget. I'll lovingly remember all of it in my mind and feel it in my heart. I'm so lucky and blessed to have Jaxon... they broke the mold with him...he's one of a kind.

2 comments:

  1. That made me tear up! He's such a good kid, Gracie & Reese have the best older brother ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is so stinkin' cute. It's moments like that that make the crappy parts of parenting all worth it. Love it! And I'm glad that you have each other. He has an amazing mom just like you have an awesome boy. Hope to see ya soon.

    ReplyDelete